BBPD provides crime and safety information via Neighbors by Ring app
The Boynton Beach Police Department has joined the free Neighbors app by Ring to provide the community with real-time, local crime and safety information. The Neighbors network already has millions of users and has been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
Residents can text bbfl to 555888 from their smartphone to download the Neighbors app for free on iOS and Android and use the app to; join their neighborhood, share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from their neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team.
Police Chief Michael G. Gregory said, “We are excited about our partnership with Ring, which is another valuable tool for us to further reduce crime in the City of Boynton Beach. Community engagement is a key factor in crime prevention, and using the Neighbors App gives us additional opportunities to strengthen our efforts.”
Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring, said: “We’re excited to have the Boynton Beach Police Department join Neighbors to keep their community up-to-date on local crime and safety information. Over the past few years we have learned that, when neighbors, the Ring team and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities. Neighbors is meant to facilitate real-time communication between these groups, while maintaining neighbor privacy first and foremost. By bringing security to every neighbor with the free Neighbors app, the Boynton Beach community can stay on top of crime and safety alerts as they happen.”
How It Works
- Text bbfl to 555888 or click here: https://download.ring.com/boyntonbeach from your smartphone to download the app for free on iOS and Android.
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.