To be eligible for employment as a dispatcher, you must meet the following minimum qualifications at time of application:
- Be a U.S. Citizen (U.S. born or naturalized)
- Be 18 years of age at time of application
- Have a U.S. High School education or GED equivalent, supplemented by little or no previous experience or training involving dispatching; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job
- Able to obtain certification as an Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD), and become certified by the Florida and National Crime Information Center within six months of employment in addition to basic Telecommunicator training
- Possess a valid Florida Driver License
- Willing to work varying shift hours
Ready to join BBPD? Here is how the hiring process works.
- Complete the online application here.
- Take an entry level exam.
- Vetting interview
Based on successful completion of these elements, top candidates may be presented with a conditional offer.
You will then be required to do the following:
- Controlled Voice Stress Analysis
- Physical Exam
- Drug Screen
- Background Investigation
Based on successful completion of these elements, you may be offered employment.
Salary & Benefits
Starting Salary: $42,307.20
City of Boynton Beach Police Department Employment benefits:
- Health and dental insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Wellness program
- City Retirement/Pension