Boynton Beach Police this week made good on the promise to continue going after drug dealers in the city.
Following a month-long investigation, police arrested 11 suspected drug dealers who sold heroin and cocaine to undercover officers and confidential informants. Two individuals were charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell; and two others for misdemeanor possession and resisting arrest charges.
Police also executed two search warrants at two residences that resulted in the seizure of large amounts of heroin, cocaine, marijuana, as well as thousands of dollars in cash.
More arrests and additional charges for trafficking in heroin and cocaine are expected in the coming days.
The investigation stemmed from the recent rise of heroin overdoses citywide. Narcotics agents conducted “buys” from the suspects, who were then taken into custody and arrested.
Police have responded to 247 drug overdoses in the city since Jan. 1. It is believed the individuals overdosed on heroin in more than two thirds of these cases. There have been 19 overdose deaths in the city this year. Heroin was found on scene in 11 of those cases; however, cause of death in all incidents is still pending the Medical Examiner’s final report.
The following individuals were arrested this week as a result of Operation Dirty Dope:
- Serge Racine, DOB 2/14/96, Sale of Heroin (two counts)
- Wolson Francois, DOB 12/30/95, Sale of Heroin within 1,000 feet of a park, Sale of Cocaine
- Mervens Moreau, DOB 2/14/96, Possession of Heroin with intent to sell
- Christopher Diverant, DOB 2/24/95, Sale of Heroin
- Randy Butler, DOB 1/19/85, Sale of Heroin within 1,000 feet of a convenience store
- Deandre Alexander, DOB 3/15/78 Sale of Cocaine (two counts)
- Anthony Chester, DOB 4/13/62, Sale of Cocaine
- Jonathan Williams, DOB 10/13/84, Sale of Cocaine
- John Black, 5/20/93, Sale of Heroin
- Jeffrey Dominique, DOB 8/26/97, Sale of Cocaine, Resisting arrest with violence, tampering with evidence
- Evens Archelus, DOB 8/25/96, Possession of Cocaine with intent to sell within 1,000 feet of a park, possession of an imitation substance
- Christopher Dubuc, DOB 4/16/91, Possession of marijuana with intent to sell
- Molly Haga, DOB 3/16/90, Possession of marijuana
- Richard Similorme, 8/6/96, Resisting arrest without violence