Boynton Beach Police are putting drug dealers in the city on notice: We are coming for you.
Following a month-long investigation, police arrested 13 suspected drug dealers this week on charges that include trafficking heroin, sale of heroin, trafficking cocaine and sale of cocaine.
More arrests are expected in the coming days.
Operation Dope Death also resulted in the seizure of 62 grams of heroin, 82.5 grams of cocaine, 90.4 grams of marijuana, $4,300 cash, 8 cars and one gun.
The investigation stemmed from the recent rise of heroin overdoses citywide. Narcotics agents conducted “buys” from the suspects, who were then taken into custody and arrested.
In the first four months of this year, police have responded to 95 drug overdoses in the city. It is believed the individuals overdosed on heroin in more than two thirds of these cases. There have been five overdose deaths in the city since Jan. 1. Heroin was found on scene in three of those cases; however, cause of death in all incidents is still pending the Medical Examiner’s final report.
The following individuals were arrested this week as a result of Operation Dope Death:
- Janard White, DOB 10-25-90, charged with two counts of sale of heroin within 1,000 feet of park.
- Johnny Govan, DOB 9/20/81, charged with sale of heroin within 1,000 feet of convenience store; possession of heroin w/intent within 1,000 feet of school; providing a false name to law enforcement.
- Anthony Caldwell, DOB 12/12/91, charged with sale of heroin.
- Marcus Marshall, DOB 2/23/83, charged with two counts of sale of heroin within 1,000 feet of convenience store.
- Roosevelt Johnson, DOB 10/19/82, charged with sale of heroin within 1,000 feet of convenience store.
- Isidore Reed, DOB 3/3/84, charged with sale of heroin and sale of cocaine.
- Dominique Edwards, DOB 1/27/85, charged with sale of heroin.
- Michael Calixte, DOB 7/30/89, charged with trafficking heroin, trafficking cocaine, possession of marijuana w/intent
- Franche Delhomme, DOB 3/21/97, charged with trafficking heroin, felony violation of probation.
- Bernard Jones, DOB 3/19/93, charged with possession of marijuana
- Bernard Donnell Mosely, DOB 9/9/80, warrants
- Juvenile, 17, charged with sale of heroin
- Dupson Exantus, DOB 3/12/96, charged with sale of cocaine