Prevent Auto Burglary
Auto burglary is a crime of opportunity. All it takes is a few seconds for a thief to enter your car and take your property. You can prevent yourself from becoming a victim by removing all of your valuables from your car when you exit it.
Here are some helpful tips to remember:
- Do not leave any valuables in your car. This includes purses, cell phones, computers, wallets, jewelry, sunglasses, backpacks, etc
- Secure your automatic garage door opener and key FOB.
- Park your car in a well-lit area with high pedestrian traffic and visibility.
- Do not be seen using your interior trunk release button. Put all valuables in your trunk prior to reaching your destination.
- Always lock your doors and keep your windows up while pumping gas. Many items have been stolen by persons reaching into cars and driving away while people pump gas.
- Always secure your purse before loading packages into your trunk.
The best crime prevention is YOU!