To be eligible for employment as a police officer, you must meet the following minimum qualifications at time of application:
- Be a U.S. Citizen (U.S. born or naturalized)
- Be at least 21 years of age at time of hire and at least 19 years of age at time of applications
- Have a U.S. High School education or GED equivalent, which includes United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI) tests.
- Completed at least 60 semester credit hours toward an advanced degree, two year degree or higher from an accredited private or public institution with at least a documented GPA of 2.0
- Have no worse than 20/100 vision in each eye, correctable to 20/20
- Possess or be eligible to obtain within seven calendar days of hire, a valid Florida Driver License
- Successfully complete the City of Boynton Beach Police Department entrance exam
We prefer applicants who have one or more of the following qualifications:
- Have at least one year of prior law enforcement or security experience
- Have at least one year of experience volunteering or working with community organizations
- Have fluency in a language other than English, such as Spanish, French-Creole, Portuguese, Asian and Indo-European languages and American Sign Language
Ready to join BBPD? Here is how the hiring process works.
- Complete the online application here.
- Take an entry level exam, followed by a videotaped interview comprised of situational exercises.
- Vetting interview
Based on successful completion of these elements, top candidates may be presented with a conditional offer.
You will then be required to do the following:
- Controlled Voice Stress Analysis
- Psychological Exam
- Physical Exam
- Drug Screen
- Background Investigation
Based on successful completion of these elements, you may be offered employment.
Salary & Benefits
Starting Salary: $56,825
City of Boynton Beach Police Department Employment Benefits:
- Take-home car program
- Health and dental insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Wellness program
- Specialized training opportunities
- Police Academy sponsorship program