The men and women of the Boynton Beach Police Department serve the City of Boynton Beach with PRIDE – Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence. We are committed to building relationships with our community to earn the trust and support of the people we serve and protect. We strive to build a safer city using community policing strategies, cutting-edge technology and specialized training for law enforcement in the 21st Century.
BBPD’s (ongoing) 21st Century Police Leadership Strategies
- Re-review of all response to resistance policies to be in-line with industry best practices
- Institution of Fair and Impartial Policing Training for all sworn employees
- Support provided to those expressing First Amendment rights of assembly and free speech
- Ongoing outreach and engagement to build community capital
- Implementation of evidence-based hiring practices to diversify the worksforce
- Use of intelligence-led policing strategies
- Implement and reinforce 21st Century Policing recommendations (train in de-escalation tactics, enhance relationships with the faith community, create Neighborhood Officer Program).